2012 - Current
- Writing for print publications, corporate, non-profit, and web use.
- Interviewing and scripting for video production.
- Extensive experience in blog writing.
- Content strategy and copywriting for business and corporate marketing strategies.
- Writing for crowdfunding campaigns.
Don’t Do What I Did: An Honest Guide to Freelancing in Film and Video
Author/Narrator, 2015 - 2017
- Conceived, created, and self-published instructional book about working as a freelancer in film and video
- Designed layout and cover of book.
- Narrated and edited 3-hour audiobook.
Video Producer/Content Writer, September 2016 - March 2017
- Conceived and delivered digital content for marketing purposes and Eyebeam’s blog.
- Using photo and video, documented and archived content for Eyebeam events and Radical Networks conference.
- Created “best practices” video creation guide for all staff, describing complete workflow from capturing content to delivery and archiving.
Republic Property Group
Video Producer/Content Strategist, November 2014 - January 2017
- In-house start-to-finish content strategy and video production for land developer.
- Managing the video strategy, and production and editing of digital campaigns.
- Planning and delivering social media strategies for new content.
- Creating written content for social media.
- Reported to Director of Marketing and CEO.
School for Poetic Computation
Student/Artist-in-Residence, Fall 2016 — 10-week alternative art school program
- Working to produce and exhibit new digital content.
- Created photo and written documentation of SFPC events.
- Learning from key speakers and technologists about the latest advancements in creative programming.
- Creating 68-day blog of experiences at SFPC.
Founder/Head Writer, 2015-2016
- Created blog with 20+ entries to explain Bitcoin to the general public.
- Engaged reddit forums with articles.
- Wrote how to articles regarding how to buy and invest in Bitcoin.
- Engaged with cryptocurrency companies by writing critical reviews.
- Implemented affiliate marketing strategies for site.
Freelance Cameraman and Video Editor, 2011- 2016
- Creation of new content for broadcast news, docu-series, reality/unscripted, corporate, and web.
- Ran camera rental business.
- Worked with VICE, CNN, HISTORY, Nat Geo, and Investigation Discovery.
NYU - ITP Camp
Camp Fellow, June 2016 — 4-week crash course in digital programming
- Received full camp scholarship to be an “instigator”
- As instigator, engaged conference attendees involvement by leading field trips, group chats on self-care and applying for residencies, and leading workshops.
- Conceived and taught 3-hour workshop on documentary film practices, detailing how to shoot a professional video interview and craft a finished piece of content.
Assistant Editor, 2011
- Logging and ingesting footage, scanning and archiving video and photo materials, and assembling edits.
- Mixed post-production sound for feature-length film, The Beat Hotel.
- Assisted in preparation and delivery of finished works for exhibition in various galleries and museums.
- Archived print and digital assets.
- Reported to lead editor and producer on various film and tv editing projects.